Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's a Team Effort

I love Team Challenge!


If it weren't for my team, I would have NEVER jogged 10 miles on Sunday morning. Every part of me wanted to NOT show up last Sunday. I wanted to sleep, but Paul insisted I get up and get ready. I couldn't find my Team Challenge shirt, then Sarah found it. I tried to drive to the Lakefront and got stopped by the Miller Lite Ride for the Arts. Sat for 20 minutes waiting for thousands of bikes to go by. Just when I believed I would turn around and go back home, a police officer waved my car through the intersection. I made it to training only 10 minutes late. The team even waited for me to go to the bathroom! I was meant to make it to training. And, quite thankful that my teammates believed we would all run 10 miles without any problems.
This experience is teaching me SO much about what it means to be part of a team. Mary and I talked our way through the run. Now, next week we will have Stephanie join our fold. Can't wait to hear her stories!

The downside of running this much so early in the morning...I got crabby. I will probably have to make some more apologies to my husband's family. I had my brow furrowed and brought only one bag of chips to feed like 15 people. Wasn't thinkin'...then I made it everyone else's fault. My attitude sucked, and I should have walked home or just drank more beer. I promise to be a better person after training this Sunday. No more attitude problems for this lady--if so, just smack me!

My doctor has not donated to my cause yet. I am kind of disappointed. He also hasn't called about my biopsies. I think this may be part of my attitude problem, as well. I still like him, just was hoping for some support (can you see my lower lip out?).

Lastly, if you do not have a styrofoam roller to use after exercising, you are missing out on a truly wonderful piece of equipment. I roll almost every part of my body daily! Lovin' the roller almost as much as I adore dark chocolate and Shiraz wine! Hmmmm...maybe I will try a combination of the roller, wine, and fine chocolate...ecstacy!

Here's to next week's training! Wine glasses up! Go Team Challenge--Go Team Wisconsin--Napa or Bust!














No comments:

Post a Comment