Monday, June 14, 2010

The 12 Weeks of Training...



Okay, so it's been 12 weeks. I am completely amazed at how far we have all come. I thought I was going to need a breathing machine after our first run in the Pettit. Now, I can jog 10 miles and still go about my day!

So, in honor of the last 12 weeks, here is "The 12 Weeks of Training" sung to the tune of the 12 Days of Christmas. (Be forgiving on the syllabication)
On the first week of training, Becky Burris gave to me...a Team Challenge T-shirt (actually two of them!)

On the second week of training, Team Challenge gave to me a VERY pretty cork necklace (spirit award--whoooooo hooooo! I got spirit, yes I do; I got spirit, how 'bout you?)

On the third week of training, Team Challenge gave to me a bunch of fundraising tips (good stuff, guys!)
On the fourth week of training, Team Challenge gave to me a Colorado Running Team hat. (I don't even live in Colorado, but I am now an official member of their team because that's what my hat says...what, what?!)

On the fifth week of training, Team Challenge gave to me a trainer who promised me I would not die. (or at least not because of running...I mean some day I wll die, but rest assured not on Tim's watch :)

On the sixth week of training, my school family gave to me over $500 in donations. (I seriously work with the greatest staff on earth!)

On the seventh week of training, Team Challenge gave to me the need to see a chiropractor.

On the eighth week of training, Team Challenge gave to me support before my colonoscopy. (I love how this one sounds...colon looks beauteous and biopsies are negative)

On the ninth week of training, I pushed it way too hard. Ended up puking on someone's front yard. ('nuf said)

On the tenth week of training, Pilate Patty gave to me, one fantastic styrofoam roller. (See last blog about my almost sensual feelings about this exercise tool)


On the eleventh week of training, Mary gave to me the blessing of delightful conversations. (new hill hero!)

During the twelfth week of training, Team Challenge gave to me a new friendship family. (I am so thankful for all of the inspiration and motivation...oh yeah!--thanks Daily milers!)

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Patty... and the best is yet to come :)

    ReplyDelete